2012 RealTrends 500 Report: Of Top 500 Residential Brokerages in U.S.
Paragon Ranks #3 for Highest Sales per Agent & #4 for Highest Average Sales Price
Top Firms Nationally: Ranked by 2011 Closed Sales Volume Per Agent
Top Firms Nationally: Ranked by 2011 Average Sales Price
Founded in 2004 by five of the most experienced and successful real estate managers in San Francisco, Paragon is already one of the top three residential brokerages in the city by sales volume. According to the just-released 2012 RealTrends 500 report, of the 500 largest residential brokerages in the United States, Paragon ranks #3 in sales per agent and #4 in average sales price . Per the SF Business Times, we are #1 in sales per agent of the top 10 brokerages in the Bay Area (for the 4th year running), and according to Broker Metrics, we also have the largest number of agents in the top 10% of all SF agents by dollar volume sales.
Paragon is a member of the world’s largest luxury home network, Luxury Portfolio, and in San Francisco, we have the highest number of agents closing transactions with sales prices of $2,000,000 and above. In 2011, we also led the city in the sale of residential investment properties.
Paragon is the only locally-owned and managed brokerage in San Francisco that conducts business across the entire city in all market segments – residential and luxury homes, investment and commercial property, leasing and new home development. With approximately 135 agents and licensed assistants, and a management, marketing and support staff of over 20, Paragon brokered almost a billion dollars in real estate in 2011. We pride ourselves on having the energy, ambition and team spirit of a start-up, and the experience, savvy and resources of a big, long-established firm.
Our philosophy is simple: hire the best agents and then provide them with the highest quality training, marketing and transactional resources, technology, market analytics and management support to do the best possible job for our clients.
Highest Sales per Agent of the 10 Largest Brokerages in the Bay Area
Highest Unit Sales per Agent of the Largest Firms in San Francisco
Most Agents in the Top 10% by Dollar Volume Sales
Most Agents Closing High-End Residential Property Sales
Top Ranking in Average Sales Price to Original List Price Percentage
for Houses, Condos and Luxury Homes
Top Ranking in Average Days-on-Market Figures
Characteristics of a Really Good Real Estate Agent
In one of the largest, most complicated financial transactions of your life,
what exactly does a really good real estate agent do?
He or she:
- Cares more about your priorities and goals than their commission. (The smartest agents know that if you take care of the client, the commission takes care of itself.)
- Negotiates effectively and, at your instruction, aggressively to achieve the best possible price and terms (which can easily make a 3% to 5% difference in sales price, and sometimes signifcantly more).
- Never makes decisions for you nor pushes you to make decisions a certain way, but lays out all the information, options and strategies for your consideration.
- Ensures you understand what’s happening, what’s necessary and what’s at stake at every step.
- Tells you the truth as best as can be discerned: positives, negatives, upsides, downsides, changes in the situation, even what you might not want to hear, what might change your mind about proceeding with a transaction.
- Offers an array of qualified professional resources — stagers, inspectors, contractors, lawyers, escrow and loan agents — and advises you when their counsel is required.
- Coordinates, manages and controls — based upon your decisions — every aspect of the process. Always with an eye to protecting your interests.
- Knows the market in your geographic area and property type inside out: its values, market trends, neighborhoods, pros and cons, legal issues, its agents.
- Keeps his or her promises.
- Works hard; works on your timeline; works to minimize your effort and stress; works to make or save you more money than they cost in commissions.
The quality of the agent working on your behalf — his or her competence, integrity, work ethic and commitment to your interests — can make an enormous difference in the outcome of your home purchase or sale: in money, in stress, in future happiness.