Answer: The Caselli Mansion
Referred to as the “Caselli Mansion” because it sits at the corner of Douglass and Caselli Avenue in the Castro area. The 1906 earthquake and fire destroyed nearly all of the mansions on Nob Hill while this one remained standing with only a few toppled chimneys. In 1904 the building was converted into a Hospital, then in 1909 was tastefully converted into 15 aparements with a majority of the elegant decor preserved.

Recent Posts